Friday, May 30, 2014

our selfless families


What I thought would be a very relaxing day...turned into a very busy one instead. Just the other day Tyson and I were talking about what we still needed to get done on the basement before we move in, and when we mentioned laying tile my sweet Uncle Lane and his son Derek volunteered to show us how it's done. And I'm so glad they did because the area we they were able to knock out in one day would have most likely taken us a few days if not a week to finish on our own.

The fist step was to lay it all out and pick what design we wanted. Which turned out to be very hard for me because I'm so OCD and can't be decisive ha!

Even Aunt Shirley came to supervise
   

Send step was cutting the tile, which Tyson has many battle wounds to prove he did it. Third step was actually laying tile which doesn't sound that hard, but if you look at Tyson's body language he might beg to differ.



Before and After
and the final result with the carpet :) I just LOVE it!


Last week We also had help from Shauni and Ethan with painting baseboards, casings, and doors. My dad hung all of the doors and my Grandpa Oliphant is helping us nail in all the casings and baseboards to finish it off. With all this help we'll be ready for the carpet, and maybe even have time to spare! They're a little odd, but good painters so we'll keep them ;)


Tyson is smiling because we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!



I've learned through this whole moving/renovating ordeal that we have such great, hard working, selfless family members!

And I couldn't even begin to name all of the other family members who have helped in many countless ways with our quick move, basement renovations, and now housing us homeless bums. Ha! We are definitely blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment