Thursday, January 28, 2016

Christmas 2015

Why does it always seem like it takes forever for Christmas to get here, then it's gone in the blink of an eye? That's how I feel anyways. I wait ALL year for it to get here, then before I know it, it's January and I'm having holiday withdrawls. 

To start off the season right we went with my family on our annual excursion to get our Christmas trees on Kaibab mountain.


I loved our tree this year, but I am pretty sure Kitty took it the hardest when we finally took it down. Anytime we couldn't find him we would check behind/under/in the tree and there he would be. It's gonna be a rough year for him to adjust without HIS tree. Let's not forget all of my hand crocheted ornaments that he was sure I obviously made solely for his pure enjoyment. 


To make this years Christmas even better was this handsome, hard working brother of mine.


Kyson got to facetime home and chat with all of us for the first time since he has been out for 6+ months. It was so good to see his smiling face and even better to hear the love in his voice for his mission and the people there in Texas. He just lit up when he saw all of us, especially all of the kids. He got to meet Ryker for the first time since he was born after he left. I'm so grateful for my wonderful family and the amazing support they give Kyson while he's serving the lord. 
P.S. Thank goodness for selfie sticks :)


To add to the fun and excitement of Christmas time we went on our annual Winder family trip to the cabin. 


Every year I am counting down the days, not until Christmas, but until this family trip. I have so much fun going up to the cabin each year that I can't wait until the next year. I am so lucky to have these ladies in my life! I am even more blessed that we are all so close in age and get a long so well:)

I guess I like all the men in the family too, they're alright ;)


After the cabin trip we got together with this awesome group for some pizza and ice-skating. Not only do I love Tyson's side of the family, but my side is pretty awesome as well. I love having a twin who is also married and I love having such amazing cousins. It also doesn't hurt that most of them are married now. Tyson and I are always looking for more married friends. Any takers?? ;)


After skating for a few minutes and watching Tyson, I realized that this was his FIRST time ice-skating. Like EVER. That made me feel like a failure in the wife department. So I made sure to never let go of his hand and of course I had to show off a little with some "cool" tricks. It's not very often that I am better at something than Tyson. We don't need to bring up the fact that he was still recovering from his knee surgery though....let me have this one ;)


All in all, Christmas 2015 was more wonderful than I could have hoped for and I owe it all to my amazing friends and family. I've learned it's not what I have in my life, but who I have in my life that counts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment