Thursday, March 31, 2016

3 years, 1096 days, 26,304 hours....

3 years + 1096 days + 26,304 hours + 1 cat + 2 homes + 3 degrees + 5 jobs + 5 cars + 2 ER visits + 1 surgery + millions of kisses + countless blessings = best 3 years of my life 

Last weekend Tyson and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary by going on our annual trip to Zion National Park. We are lucky enough every year to get to stay in the same hotel as we did on our honeymoon.  In my opinion, Cliffrose Inn and Suites has one of the best views in Springdale right out their back window. 



While up there we decided to go on a fun hike to get some exercise and fresh air. Tyson said we should hike Observation Point. He had done it once in high school and from what he could remember, "it wasn't too hard". Well that was the biggest understatement of the year! Ha he must have forgotten that he was much younger, more in shape and not recovering from a knee surgery when he was in high school. Although to be fair, he took that steep hike like a champ! I complained the whole way up and he had to keep encouraging me that I could do it.  


To be honest, I barely even took my eyes off my feet the whole way up, but on the way down I made sure to enjoy the views. 

When we made it to the top I teased Tyson that I was going to scream, "Hallelujah" at the top of my lungs, and do a few fist pumps out of pure joy for making it there. Although to save him some major embarrassment in front of the other hikers I held back. The view was actually quite breathtaking. I was shocked to see how far down the popular Angels Landing hike was. I always thought Angels Landing was one of the toughest, highest hikes in Zion and boy was I proud when I realized we made it far beyond that point. Although the hike up may have been miserable, the view was very worth it!
         


       I am so grateful for such a wonderful husband who pushes me to become the best version of myself and who believes in me no matter what. He puts up with a lot and I don't know what I would do without him constantly reassuring me that I can do hard things.

Tyson, you are my greatest adventure. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment