Thursday, April 28, 2016

The mountains are calling


For family night this past semester I have been on my own because Tys has school every Monday night. Thankfully we live in Hurricane, not 2 minutes away from my family, who has adopted me into their family nights. We have been eyeing a new bike trail that was recently made on the hill behind my childhood home. I grew up playing all over this mountain and was surprised to see a trail that I hadn't conquered yet. So of course, we knew we had to go hike it. Boy, was it worth it! 



Not only for the view, but the workout as well. It was a lot of uphill steep slopes, but because of the view you hardly even noticed. 


One of my favorite parts of the hike was this cute little bridge they put in to cross a big ravine. I absolutely love the view of the orchard in the background. I hope Hurricane never gets too big or populated and loses all of its orchards. That's what makes Hurricane so great.


I think after carrying Carolee all the way down the hill on my shoulders that I rightfully own the "favorite aunt" status. 

I could have kept hiking all night, but we decided since we had the kids we better start hiking back down to beat the sun, but not before Sky posed us for this beautiful shot. 
I highly recommend this hike to anyone who wants a great workout with and even better view! 

No comments:

Post a Comment