Thursday, May 28, 2015

Kolob Construction

Tyson's parents own property up on an association on Kolob Mountain. In that association is a beautiful little lake called Blue Springs. Tuesday, Tyson's dad, Brad, decided to go fishing up there with a few buddies. So Tyson and I decided to head up after I got off work to join them. We love fishing and go whenever we get the chance. 

So once I got off work we headed up, only to be stopped. Again and again. Construction is going on all over the road up to Kolob. Normally they get done at 4, but we think they must have been going later that day, due to being off for Memorial day, the day before. So unfortunately we go stopped 3 times, for about a 1/2 hr each time. It ended up taking us 2 hours just to get to the lake.

At first I kept getting upset that we had to just sit in our truck for 20-30 minutes each time and just WAIT. Then it hit me....there's no better place to get stuck, than exactly where we were. I snapped this picture of the construction worker thinking how sorry I felt for him that this was his job. To stand and just hold a sign. Then as I looked at this picture I noticed the beautiful mountains in the background and realized...wow, how lucky is he to have such an amazing work atmosphere. I even got a little jealous.


It made me realize how lucky we are to have such a BEAUTIFUL area to live/work/play in. It also helped me to be a little less in a hurry all the time, and to really just enjoy the moment. As if the ride couldn't get any better,Tyson started belting out with the Pitch Perfect sound track that was playing in the truck. It was such a fun drive looking at all of that beauty, all the while singing Pitch Perfect songs with my favorite person. 



No comments:

Post a Comment