Saturday, June 20, 2015

100 year old windows

Tyson's grandparent's have a 100+ year old cabin on their property up on Kolob that used to be on Zion National Park for people to rent out. This past weekend I was lucky enough to be up on the mountain when they decided to pull these out and get rid of them. Of course the Pinterest side of me kicked in and I saw the wonderful potential in these gorgeous windows and couldn't just let them be thrown away. I was so excited that I took all 8 windows in hopes that my girlfriends would be as thrilled as I was about this G.N.O. (girls night out) project ahead. 

    


This project was so much fun to work on. All we had to do was sand the old green paint off to the original wood and then we added our fresh new coats of paint to finish the different looks we were going for. 






I loved how everyone's turned out.





Now comes the hard part....finding somewhere to hang it and talking Tyson into letting me put big screws in the wall. Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment