Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Countdown Begins

This last week has been so emotional. From being so excited for Kyson's adventure ahead of him, to being sad knowing how much he will be missed. The one thing that really helps me get by is knowing how amazingly ready he is for a mission. Kyson is one of the most well-prepared 19 year old's I know. When the mission ages changed at conference last year I never once doubted if Kyson would be ready. He's been preparing for this day since he was in primary.


No offense to anyone reading this, but I grew up with the BEST siblings ever. I was so lucky to be in a family that was so close. My husband has even mentioned on several occasions how much we hug and say, "I love you".  At first it was really odd to him, but now he knows better than to leave a family event without hugging my mom goodbye.


We thought it would be fun to recreate this photo from when Skyler left for his mission. I am so proud of both of my brothers for their amazing examples to me and all of those around them. It's crazy to see how much Kyson has grown up. He will ALWAYS be my baby brother no matter how old/big he gets.


Then we decided it would be fun to fill up Kyson's mission camera with as many pictures of us as possible. 




This photo was taken on the day of his farewell.
(Just missing Brayden)


Saying goodbye at the airport was one of the hardest things I have ever done. 


My mom was being so strong by not crying and just being excited for him, which is crazy since she is always the first one to cry. Although, I could tell that it helped Kyson so much to see her happy. He was so concerned leaving her and knowing she'd be crying.

            

Our last family photo for 2 years.


He was so cute and blew a kiss to my nieces and nephews, (which was probably more for my mom), as he finished going through security and about to board the plane. He looked so excited for his adventure ahead.

           

We were so excited to receive this picture on my moms email when we got home. The Elder with Kyson was flying from SLC to Mexico with Kyson (to return home from his mission) and kindly sent it to my mom to put her at ease. He looks so happy so it really helped us all know that he was okay.


The kids had so much fun watching his plane take off on the runway.

 

  







My mom with another missionary mom whose son was on the same flight as Kyson. It was so comforting to know that he wasn't completely alone for his first time on a plane.


The people of Fort Worth Texas as so lucky to get my baby brother for the next two year. I can't wait to hear about all of the amazing experiences he will have.



I love you Elder Spendlove.

No comments:

Post a Comment