Sunday, June 14, 2015

First campout of the summer

Friday night Tyson and I decided to head up to his grandparents property on the Blue Springs Association. We absolutely LOVE it up there. I could spend every weekend this summer up there. This weekend the weather was so nice. There was a nice breeze during the day and a little bit of a chill in the evenings. The drive up was fun because we could see a storm off in the distance, so I of course had to stop a few times to take some pictures. I was secretly hoping the storm would come our way, unfortunately it went right around us.


First we went to girls camp (also on Kolob) to say hello to our family up there. Then we headed to set up camp. Tyson started the fire while I went and picked out a spot for our tent.

I found the perfect location far enough away so we wouldn't get smoked out.


After we set up our tent, Tyson (without his brace) chopped enough firewood to survive an apocalypse. I think he was having too much fun showing off how strong he was. Not gonna lie, I enjoyed watching him..


That night we cooked tinfoil dinners in the fire and then roasted some s'mores. Oddly enough neither one of us really like them, we just like to make them.


The next morning we were up and going bright and early. Tyson got breakfast going, while I started packing everything up. We had eggs and bacon. I swear, something about the mountains just makes your food taste better.

All in all, it was a quick, but wonderful trip to spend some much needed alone time with my best friend. We may not have any kids, but we do have a very needy cat and live with Tyson's family, so alone time doesn't come around often enough. I can't wait until our next campout.




1 comment: